Monday, July 14, 2008

The Nerd-Pod

This past weekend, it would seem, was a momentous occasion in nerd history. Future nerd historians shall look upon this innocent age (specifically, July 11th), speculate on what nerds thought and felt, and will be filled with joy and wonderment; sharing the excitement of their nerd ancestry with celebration. As the last remaining human without an iPhone, I realize that my line is ending, and with it goes hope for history of my own kind. They say that history books are always written by the winning side, and so it goes for nerd-dom. Frankly, I used to believe that I myself had strong nerdling tendencies. I mean, I think I actually own a 20-sided die. But years of reluctance toward the ever expanding technological requirements for acceptable nerdliving have left me impotent in a nerdworld that no longer sees use even for things as patently nerdy as sliderules, Construx, and my sweet vintage top-loader NES. Ever onward, however, I shall fight this encroachment. Though I suffer indignities by the score, I shall only relent when at last gasping breath I must...    Look, you bastards, I've got a blog AND a Myspace page now. Happy?

No comments: